Have you ever thought about how you can make a difference in health and social care research?
Aside from our Sheffield based disease specific research advisory groups listed here, there are many other ways to help make a difference.
The NIHR Evaluation, Trials and Studies Coordinating Centre (NETSCC) are seeking passionate individuals to join their national committees.
The key responsibilities are to:
- Prepare for committee meetings by reading and assessing meeting papers
- Regularly attend and participate in committee meetings
- Contribute to the discussions and decision-making at committee meetings
- Present written and/or spoken assessments of applications, if required
- Be willing to undertake or attend appropriate training, development and support activities offered free by the NIHR
How to apply?
If you are interested in applying, please view the information pack which provides more details about the role and how to apply.
The deadline for applications is 9am Monday 7th September 2020.
Here are some helpful resources to give you more information about the role:
- ‘Everything you wanted to know about being a public committee member’ is a video about public members sharing their experiences and insights on the role of a public committee member, including some useful top tips
- ‘Public reviewing with the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR)‘is a free online interactive course designed for new and experienced public committee members as well as public reviewers.