Health Professionals Research Internship Programme
- Are you interested in improving patient treatment and care through clinical research?
- Do you aspire to become a future clinical researcher?
A new research internship programme is now open for applications. This scheme offers an exciting opportunity for budding clinical researchers and is a collaboration between Sheffield Teaching Hospitals, the University of Sheffield and the NIHR Sheffield Biomedical Research Centre.
This internship offers aspirational nurses, midwives, all allied health professions, including healthcare scientists, pharmacists and clinical psychologists the opportunity for a clinical research secondment one day a week for a year. If you would like to broaden your experience of healthcare research, are interested in a possible clinical research career with the potential to study for a PhD in the future, and would like to work with teams of experienced health researchers, you should consider applying for this programme.
Successful interns will benefit from:
- A one-day per week secondment with funded backfill
- Clinical academic supervision, mentorship and coaching
- The opportunity to pursue a small research project relevant to you professional background and clinical area of work
- Research learning modules
There are up to 4 internships opportunities on offer, including one which will be a Chief Nurse Fellow internship for aspiring nurses and midwives. The other 3 internships are open to nurses, midwives and all allied health professions. Please note the research internship programme is not currently open to doctors and dentists.
The deadline for applications is Monday 5th April 2021.
For enquiries, please email email@example.com